Sunday 2 March 2014

A passion is found

I know I have only been writing this blog for 6 months but it has ignited something inside me to want to help spread the awareness of what T1D is, what it is like to look after a small child with it and to try and let people know they are not alone. I find myself at the end of the day looking through out my experiences to understand what's next.

Through this blog I have now reached at least one person in over 20 countries around the world. Seeing as one of my main reasons for creating this blog was to try and make sure at least one other person didn't feel as alone as I did growing up I think I have over exceeded my goal. This has ignited a fire within me to continue to help.

From this blog, and a little marketing on my behalf I have spawned 2 other opportunities -

1. Addressing the Diabetic Educators of Queensland on the benefit of technology through blogging in my life with T1D. In other words what has it allowed me to do personally and how it has allowed me to reach others in the same situation as me. Hopefully I will be able to express to the educators how important it is for all T1D's to have communication with other T1's and maybe get my blog out to more T1's who may want to know they are not alone.

2. This is the big one. After having my blog read by the team in at Medtronic my daughter and I have been accepted in the advocacy program. Seeing as moving to my pump some 8 years ago changed everything and is still something that I am great full for it is a great pleasure to share my stories and experiences to a wider audience. I believe that the government needs to be able to recognise that insulin pump and CGM therapy is critical to long term health benefits and cost savings for the government in the long term.

My advocacy started on Friday with a morning of interviews, filming, photo's and meeting a great team of passionate people. They are passionate about people's health and passionate about making a difference to people's lives. I look forward to this journey and will keep you informed as more opportunities pop up.

To anyone that has taken the time to read my humble words I thank you and I hope that I have either helped you know that your not alone or shed some light as to what your child may be feeling but unable to express yet.

If there is ever a subject that you would like to hear about please let me know by commenting on my Facebook or on these posts.

I thank you again for allowing me to find something that I get fulfilment out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment